Healthy Lunch Ideas
I’m always looking for new healthy lunch ideas that are easy, quick, and tasty. These chicken quesadillas have been one of my go to meals lately and I can’t get enough of them! Brent is way more talented in the kitchen than I am. If you’ve seen our fancy homemade dinner pictures on Instagram, those are always his creations! I, on the other hand, lack the talented cooking gene (along with the patience). I do enjoy baking, but anytime I try to make a fancy meal it is a complete disaster.
Healthy Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
So, with that being said, you can rest assured that if I say something is easy to make, it is truly easy to make. I like to use organic wheat tortillas, but you could easily substitute these for equally healthy options like these organic coconut wraps or these sprouted grain wraps. We always keep shredded chicken stocked in our fridge because we’re constantly using it for pastas, soups, salads, etc. If you live near a HyVee they sell containers of shredded chicken, which is a lifesaver! We usually buy 2-3 a week. But, we also end up getting a rotisserie chicken and shredding it ourselves when we need to. Either way, it’s so convenient to always have in your fridge!
I keep my quesadillas very basic-chicken, cheese, and spinach. Of course, you can spice yours up with other veggies, sauces, etc. I also don’t measure any of my ingredients, but if you prefer to count calories, fat, etc., they are easy to measure.
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Organic Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Place the shredded chicken on a plate and microwave it for 30 seconds. (NOTE: This step is optional. I prefer to heat mine up because it’s safer during pregnancy and because in general I like my food really hot. Brent skips this step for himself.)
- Place 1 tortilla on a skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded chicken followed by shredded cheese and then top with organic spinach. Place the other tortilla on top.
- Cover pan with a lid and let cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip. Continue this process until the quesadilla has started to get brown and crispy in spots.
- Cut into 4 slices and enjoy!
Do you love quesadillas as much as I do? I’d love to hear what ingredients you use and any tips you might have! Please feel free to leave them in the comments below 🙂